Special Interest Posts

Questions or comments? please contact me at......

Copyright

Please do not copy any images and/or contents of this site without express written permission. Thank you.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sweet Lemonade!

yardwork June 14, 2009 003 yardwork June 14, 2009 002
yardwork June 14, 2009 001
yardwork June 14, 2009 004
Well, here it is Sunday again….and yard work had to get done. My Sunday Date Days are long gone
… they will be back in the winter months. Too much to do now. It is Texas, it is mid June and it is 98 degrees! So you can imagine the thirst after being out mowing. I LOVE Simply Lemonade ~ and here is their new flavor …. “to die for” !!!
I have so much to show you that I don’t know where to start ~ I could save it for different posts, but it is on my mind to share with you now ~ so here you go!
First: we had babies! Baby birds that is.
birds nest (4) birds nest (6)
birds nest (14) birds nest (15)
birds nest (7) birds nest (3)
…… this is dad in the tree, watching over mama on the chair and babies in the nest.
…… I am sad to say that only the papa made it. We lost mama and the babies to a predator in the night. The nest was clean and only papa was in the tree the next day. I am sure it was a snake. I was devastated when I opened the curtains and window and didn’t hear them. The circle of life.
All in one day: Sunrise/Sunset
Morning sunrise
June 12, 2009 sunrise sunset 001
Now, this is just the beginning of my husband saying, “honey, you might want to get your camera !”
He already knows I am going to gasp at the sight!
June 12, 2009 sunrise sunset 002
We had rain and so the sky kept changing that evening from light to dark. As I was trying to catch up on some things, next I hear “ Honey, you might want to look out front” . A rainbow.
June 12, 2009 sunrise sunset 005
Now I am on the computer ~ seeing what my blogging buddies are doing this week (I am way to exhausted during the week to be creative and share with you all) ….. so I am trying to visit your blogs….. and, AGAIN, “honey, sorry to interrupt, but I am afraid not to tell you to look out back now”
….. Oh my heaven!!!!
June 12, 2009 sunrise sunset 007
Ok, sun is going down, that should be it. Nope. “Honey …. I really think you should look again……?” he says.
June 12, 2009 sunrise sunset 009
I wish I could capture what the whole sky looked like. It was just an unbelievable night, and the colors were beyond pictures or words.
June 12, 2009 sunrise sunset 010
Good night sky.
June 12, 2009 sunrise sunset 006
A flower for you all! Have a beautiful week!
~Cheryl

Popular Posts