Special Interest Posts

Questions or comments? please contact me at......

Copyright

Please do not copy any images and/or contents of this site without express written permission. Thank you.

Monday, October 25, 2010

somewhere over the rainbow …..


  I LOVE IT WHEN IT RAINS IN TEXAS
DSC02895
it can happen at any given moment and is always welcome.
rain in the warm weather beckons you to run out in it and dance like a child.
 this is a familiarity to me of growing up in michigan and adoring the summer rainstorms
 – but fearing the thunder and lightening - still.
in texas the rain blows in and out
just long enough to quench the thirst of the land.  just long enough to drench the earth so it can release it’s sweet aroma.
when the rain stops and the sun shines through the clouds
the warming of the earth starts beneath your feet. you begin to smell the steaming dirt, and witness the beauty of the millions of glistening droplets of water left on every blade of grass and each petal of the flowers!

DSC02368
beyond  words
and then, if all is right at just that moment in time ~ a rainbow or two
DSC02888
“somewhere over the rainbow”

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high,
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby.
Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.
Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me.
Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly.
Birds fly over the rainbow.
Why then, oh why can't I?
If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?

Popular Posts