Special Interest Posts

Questions or comments? please contact me at......

Copyright

Please do not copy any images and/or contents of this site without express written permission. Thank you.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sunday "Date" Day- Lakeside

Sunday's date day was in our town. (1) We live just outside of town. The town is a beautiful lakeside community....if you remember in my "about me" I have to live near water. Growing up in the Great Lakes state and living in California, it was a must that moving to Texas I would live in a lakeside community. If you know nothing about Texas, know that it has some 6,000 lakes! Yes, there are lakes in Texas. Our lake is about 22,000 acres large. So, this Sunday we stayed in town and went to the harbor! Oh, before I go any further, I want to let you know that I was tagged by dear Dixie at French Lique. So I am going to list my 10 or so things about me that you may not know, here in my Sunday Date post!


This is the gorgeous fountain at the harbor that overlooks the lake. It was a cloudy, windy, balmy Sunday.
This is what I saw when I looked up. There was a father & son taking advantage of the wind - kite flying! (2) I loved flying kites as a child and young adult. Haven't done it in a long time.
When I looked down, this is what I saw. The fountain's water runs down these rocks to recirculate. The way they designed it gives you the impression it is running right into the lake! Very pretty! (3) I am a "fire" sign. Leo. I really like fires, always played with them as a kid. Always got yelled at, "don't play with matches, get your finger out of the candle, stop poking at the fire - you'll burn yourself. " Love to sit in front of a fire and feel the warmth on my face. But I am more drawn to water than even fire. Water puts out fire. Wonder what that means about me (?)

This is looking at the fountain from the bridge that is over the rocks pictured above. So guess where we are going next! .......... To see this move: Gran Torino - with Clint Eastwood. I am not Clint's biggest fan, but he does make good movies. (4) I run to Robert DeNiro movies. Back to Clint, he directed, produced and starred in this movie. I even think I heard he wrote the song. The movie takes place in my hometown, Detroit area, which was once Polish Catholic (my family heritage) territory. It focuses around a 1972 Gran Torino and a Korean War vet that tries to reform his neighbor, a teenage Hmong boy. This was a perfect choice for us today, since it was about a classic car (for hubby) and reforming gang activity (for me). If you have read my profile you will see that almost all my favorite movies are "love stories", but my second favorite: "no nonsense - getting the bad guy". Third favorite: psychological thriller. Comedy is my last choice, because it has to be a really well written comedy, such as (click here). Gran Torino is a drama film but it has a lot of "chuckles" in it, to lighten the mood. Thumbs up on this movie and way up on the song!

If you know me, you would know that (5) I am a crier. I cry at anything that touches my heart. I cry every time I hear or sing the National Anthem. I cry whenever I hear children sing in a performance. I cry when I look at someones wedding pictures. I cry at the end of a movie, even if I have only seen the last ten minutes. I cry if you cry. I am a crier! I did not cry during this movie or as it ended. Not until the credits rolled and Clint started singing this song. Then this guy sang the song after Clint.......We were the last ones to leave the movie so that I didn't walk out embarrassed. Or embarrass my hubby. Not sure that anyone else was crying. If I know a lot of others are crying, I don't mind walking out. But if I am the only one. I gotta sit until I am done ~ and try to look like I wasn't crying..... So, this guy's name: Jamie Cullum singing Gran Torino - click to hear and watch music video - see if it touches your heart the way it touched mine.


Of course after the movie we were hungry. (6) We hardly ever buy anything to eat at the concession stand.

Here is another thing about us. (7) Whenever we go out to eat, it is ALMOST ALWAYS - Mexican!! We LOVE LOVE LOVE, Mexican Food. I would say 98 out of 100 times, we go Mexican. This is our very favorite Mexican Restaurant. And it is almost always "chicken & steak fajitas" for two!!!! (8) We are such creatures of habit. That is what my sister-in-law calls us. When I find a good thing, I stick with it. (9) 30 years married to the same man.

So, here it is. Chicken & Steak Fajitas. This place has the best homemade flour tortillas too!!! Oh my!!!! The only other homemade tortillas that compare are in Old Town San Diego- don't remember the name of the restaurant, but they make them in the window, in the event any of my California readers know which place I am talking about. Now that is a long way from Texas!!

We still get to see seagulls. First time I saw a seagull in North Texas, I thought "what the heck?" I didn't realize they hung around lakes. I thought "sea" gull..... SEA, salt water! Nope.

By now, the sky was getting darker. I loved the look of the fountain against the stormy sky. Next stop.....

Hubby, got coffee. I got magazines! He always shares his coffee with me. Here is the thing about hubby- LOVES STARBUCKS! Every gift he ever gets. STARBUCKS GIFT CARD! That's it. Again, we are the creatures of habit couple.

Guess what I picked up?

Had to get the new issue of Artful Blogger and Romantic Country. So many blogging friends made it in this issue of Artful Blogging. If you have gotten it, you must have met my sweet and talented friend - Curious Girl Lisa ! Some of her photos are on the front cover. (10) So, truly, proud of her!~!!

I hope you all enjoyed going along with us on date day! I want to remember my Sunday's with hubby ~ so that is why I journal it.... and I am happy that you want to come along and maybe learn a little more about me & hubby as well as what we do living in the Dallas area!
Next, I am suppose to tag a few people. I am not going to tag anyone in particular, but if you would like to be tagged and list ten (10) things "the blogging community does not know about you" on your blog, please play and mention you were tagged by me!

:o) ~ until next time my friends ~ Cheryl

Popular Posts