Special Interest Posts

Questions or comments? please contact me at......

Copyright

Please do not copy any images and/or contents of this site without express written permission. Thank you.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Sunday "Date" Day ~ Canton

Mine and hubby's Sunday Date Day was a trip to Canton! Canton Flea Market runs one weekend a month. Actually, it starts on Thursday and runs through Sunday on the weekend that proceeds the First Monday of the Month. Hence it's name of First Monday Trade Days. There are approximately 7,000 vendors! Please "click" the link for more information. This is the largest flea market in the world.


In order to visit for all 4 days (and I'm sure go broke), you can stay at a local B&B, park at one of the RV parks, rent a hotel room, or if you are lucky like me, make it a day trip or two! ~ But, there are also many vendors who sell on-line. New and/or handcrafted items are sold on-line. In order to get vintage/antiques/or flea market finds - you will have to come to Texas! Here is a sneak preview of a few of the vendors. You can "click" each picture to go to their website.

Beautiful Tuscan/French Accessories


Tins, Handcrafted Cedar Beds, Custom Birdhouses!






Linen Clothing, Crystal & Turquoise Jewelry! Gorgeous High-End Furniture!





Iron-
works!



Breads!







Designer Pillows!
Homemade Vinegars, Faith Tees & Handcrafted Woodworks!!!





Home Decor!!


Soups & Rubs!!




This is where Canton is located. It is about an hour southeast of Dallas.


The map above is just ONE of the market places. It has indoor Pavilions and Arbors as well as the outdoor field flea market (see pink rectangle of map below)


This map puts it all in perspective. The pink rectangle above is the ONE marketplace of the previous map. All other blue areas are additional markets. I have only been to the pink rectangle and I have been to Canton about 6 -8 times. It's crazy big! First Monday Trade Days takes place around the whole town of Canton.



~~~~~



But what I really wanted to show you are the treasures I found. I was in Gold Mirror Mode for the French Inspired Dining Room that I am slowly working on. (Soft Blue Craze post 1/13/09)

This is a beautiful new mirror that we purchased. The carving is ... oh so pretty.

And then we picked up these oldies. Three of them. They were a steal. One may get a white antiquing and go in my bedroom.


They are REALLY dirty!
That was Sunday Date Day with hubby. I had to hold him back. The man really likes to shop for the house with me. Me, on the other hand ~ I'm good with only spending $10 dollars. I would have come home with one vintage mirror and called it a day!

Popular Posts