Special Interest Posts

Questions or comments? please contact me at......

Copyright

Please do not copy any images and/or contents of this site without express written permission. Thank you.

Friday, February 12, 2010

“S” stands for……

 SNOW !!!!

First of all, I wanted to thank all of my blogging peeps for your warm wishes for my return from my terrible funk. I’m telling you, rain and gray skies for weeks on end is the one thing that can obviously send me spiraling downward. I truly feel it is due to the lack of sunshine. Long cold days is one of the reasons I moved  from Michigan to California. I always said, Sunny Southern California is where I was meant to be. Endless sunshine!

This year’s Texas winter has been very unusual because there should be a break between the rain storms with a day or two of sunshine ….. but there was not. Now, instead of the “S” word I was waiting for …. “SUN” …..we got SNOW. But it did the trick! Each snow flake yesterday was like a little ray of sunshine falling from heaven !!
DSC01953
when i woke in the morning … it had been snowing for about 3 hours
(keep this tree in mind throughout this post)
DSC01958
Now, I know all you northerners and easterners are thinking, big deal - snow! Well, it is a big deal for us because ~ it doesn’t snow like this in Texas!
so, off to work I go……
DSC01969
this is no, pretend snow storm ….
DSC01973
DSC01975
I had to mail bills, and you can tell my spirits are back up ….. since I photographed the snowflake that fell on my pants when I opened the window!

DSC01976
Still driving to work ….and I am sure you will get a bit bored with my snow photos, but, this is also my journal so I am going to load them all. Plus we made a new snowfall record in north Texas ……
DSC01979My morning journey over the lake !
DSC01980
DSC01984 DSC01986
This is where I work at the nursing home. The grounds are pretty! The snow is still falling. Hours: 12. Not really sticking ~ but the flakes are huge.
DSC01989 DSC01994
DSC01990 DSC01997
time to go home……..
DSC02002 End of the day and I am back home on my street…..snow is finally sticking. Hours: 16
It is suppose to keep on snowing for another 6-9 hours !!!! Can’t wait for morning!
DSC02007
The tree is getting heavier with snow……
DSC02026
It’s midnight and our tree is looking a bit scary….. it is so heavy now….and still snowing! Hours: 22
and then……..
DSC02032
….. good morning Tree!
DSC02033
good morning snow!
DSC02034
Hello Mr. Hawk!
DSC02031 SNOW DAY!!!!
DSC02044 DSC02049 DSC02046
DSC02056
DSC02058
Baby, it’s cold outside!
As my son brilliantly pointed out to me, this is his mom's version of a snowman!
I think he knows me better than anyone!
Until next time! Have a beautiful week!
~Cheryl

Popular Posts