Special Interest Posts

Questions or comments? please contact me at......

Copyright

Please do not copy any images and/or contents of this site without express written permission. Thank you.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

halloween night

This was the first Halloween in over 30+ years that I did not stand at the front door handing out candy. When my boy was little, his daddy always took him house to house while I handed out the candy. I loved dressing up and frightening the children!
I love Halloween. As my family and friends know, it is probably my favorite holiday. It is one day a year you can dress up and be someone else besides yourself and just have fun! As a child I used to bring home two full pillowcases of candy, mom always made my costume and I just loved running around in the night getting scared by monsters behind the bushes!! I hated when there was no one home at a house handing out candy and I must confess, we didn’t let them get away with it (bars of soap & toilet paper were very popular growing up in the 60's & 70's).
I stayed true to my heart and never disappointed a child who dressed up for Halloween and walked the neighborhood looking forward to picking up their treats! And I stayed true to my mom’s efforts with my costumes, and always made my sons Halloween costumes.
I have so many fond memories of Halloween Parties hubby and I threw over the years :)
Of course, due to all the real life frightening things that happen in this world, children now go to parties, church events, malls, etc to do their “trick or treating” ! So, because of the lack of children coming to the house, hubby and I decided to go to dinner and take in a movie!
We went to see Law Abiding Citizen with Jamie Foxx. I thought it was great. Jumped out of my seat at least 4 times and the poor man sitting next to me must have thought I was a bundle of nerves. You see, as I have gotten older, I scare a lot easier than that little girl running around the dark streets at night looking for the scare!
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Now, my sweet friend Becky from Farmgirl Paints (please stop by and give her a visit), asked that I share more pictures of myself in my blog. I have always photographed terribly, and as I age it is getting worse!!! UGH!! But here it goes. I tweaked the colors of the last 3 sunsets for fun! After dinner (Mexican, of course), hubby and I went down to the harbor to the theatre. The sunset over the water was fabulous!


DSC01339 DSC01340
DSC01341 halloween sunset
Have a beautiful week! ~Cheryl

Popular Posts