Special Interest Posts

Questions or comments? please contact me at......

Copyright

Please do not copy any images and/or contents of this site without express written permission. Thank you.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Through my son’s eyes

10-28-08 015 For those of you who follow my posts on a regular basis, you know that I started a new job 4 weeks ago. The nursing home/rehab business is beyond busy. I have been working 10 hour days, six day weeks with no lunch and I could stay 24 hours and there would still be work to do. For me, that is a good thing. When I work, I work. I love to be busy. The day flies by. The bad thing is, I have run out of dish detergent, toilet paper, hair spray, laundry detergent, bleach, everything you can imagine. And all at once, mind you. This is so unlike me. I am always on top of those things. I haven’t cooked a meal, but once, in those four weeks. I LOVE to cook. I am exhausted. I am not whining, I just want you to know that my creativeness is asleep. I haven’t had time to take any photos. So with that said, I started going through my son’s photos that are on my computer. They make me smile. Us girls love pretty things to take pictures of ~ decor or gardening photos are our preference. For boys, not so much. 

I am missing my boy because he is living his life to the fullest these days. A new love. Great buddies. His work. So, I am going to get close to him by posting his photos for you to see. They are pretty. Just pretty to a man's eye.  I hope you enjoy them! 


IMG_0023 


Milk Can I paint roses on vintage finds. He paints pin-striping. He’s his mother’s son!



today 9-6-08 070
He appreciates a stormy sky!



new pics 8-1-08 300
Of course a guy thinks this is quite funny. Me, not so much. They ruin the lawn!! These lovely creatures live on a farm nearby and the old farmer’s fence fell over. They don’t know the difference. Grass is grass~ whether it grows free from God, or someone spent $3,000 to put a Bermuda lawn in. Same difference to them! Luckily this was not my lawn. 



Grogan Bachelor Party 045
Dirt is pretty to the male species. And Red Dirt that stains everything ~ All the better!
And BIG tires. BIG DIRTY TIRES. That makes their hearts pound and palms sweat!




4-11-09 001




Texas Thaw 2009 061
Now, just so you know what kind of son I have. He bought me my laptop. He knew I would never fork out $1,000 for something that I didn’t need. I had a working desktop ~ it was out of date, it ran slow, the monitor was going out. It basically worked. But oh, how I LOVE my laptop. I never could have started blogging with my outdated computer. He used this photo above as my desktop wallpaper. Afterall, it is shabby chic, vintage chippy …. is he sweet or what! He didn’t think I would leave it on for long, but I love it and so it stays !
Photos through my son’s eyes.
2-7-09 022
Such a guy! XXOO

Popular Posts